Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Let's start with COOKIES!

My daughter got married a few weeks ago. Because she wanted to keep things simple we opted for coffee and dessert. I hired a barista and made enough cookies (12 different types and over 1200 in all) for everyone. Through it all, I discovered I like to play with cookie dough. OK, not like play dough but I enjoy experimenting and making a recipe my own. My first recipe is Killer Cookies. They started with a basic peanut butter/ chocolate chip recipe and morphed into what has become my kids favorite cookies. As for the crazy name, my daughter named them earlier this year after her then boyfriend fed them to an allergic friend (an er visit and ventilator followed). I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.

Killer Cookies

2 c. brown sugar
1 c. unsalted butter
1 c. peanut butter
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 c. regular oats (no instant)
2 c. giant chocolate chips
1 c. walnuts


1. Cream sugar, butter and peanut butter. 
2. Add vanilla and eggs, mix well.
3. Stir together flour, soda and salt. Mix well into sugar mixture.
4. Stir in oatmeal, chips and nuts.
5. Scoop onto cookie sheet using a 1/4 c measure. Keep 3 inches apart.
6. Bake in a preheated 325 oven for approx. 16 minutes. do not over cook. 7. Remove from pan and cool on rack.














2 comments:

  1. I bet I could make these with sunflower seed butter so they'd be safe for Brennan. I'm definitely going to change the name, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should make me some more of these and send em to me.

    ReplyDelete